- Bay Area Theatre Bums – this is an email list of Bay Area directors, actors, and technicians. It includes audition announcements and production requests.
- Lyric Theatre of San Jose – This site, officially sponsored by Lyric Theatre of San Jose, is intended to provide a convenient and friendly place to share information among participants.
- Fifth Element – Fifth Element is a crew of women throughout San Jose. They are involved in hip hop in various capacities. They are cultural producers, MC’s, DJ’s, break dancers, visual and spoken word artists, students, and community activists who come from different backgrounds.
- California LGBT Arts Alliance – California LGBT Arts Alliance is an alliance of California Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Artists and Arts Organizations whose mission is to promote artistic and financial partnerships that strengthen and deepen the cooperative relationship among Californian LGBT nonprofit arts organizations and individual artists.
- Bay Area Latina Friends Groups – Through BALFG, you will find a place where mature professional Latinas unite, share and explore their roots. They attend comedy clubs, music/movies at the park, dining out, various happy hours, dancing, concerts, cultural pot-lucks, arts & wine fairs, and more.
- South Bay Blues Jams – This group is designed for anyone wanting to coordinate, locate, participate in, or organize student blues jams in the South Bay. There are several regular jams in the bay area at various clubs that are not really beginner-friendly. This group’s goal is to organize regularly-scheduled open jam sessions where beginner and intermediate blues players of all instruments can play with other people and get up to the level where they can play in club jams with confidence.
- Silicon Valley Screenwriting Group – This group’s mission statement is simple: to become professional screenwriters. As such, SVSG serves as a resource for local screenwriters, providing guidance and support in all areas of the field. The group offers networking opportunities, critical feedback on works-in-progress, and a sense of community for its members. It subscribes to the philosophy that all participants learn from one another. All levels of experience are welcome.
Have a suggestion for an email group to add to this list? Email us.